The Ipswich Show Society, formally called the Ipswich Agricultural and Horticultural Society, was established on the 14th March 1866, which then became the Queensland Pastoral and Agricultural Society, established on 28th August 1872. The first show was held on 13th May 1873 at a site in Churchill facing the Bremer River and subsequently moved to its present site on Warwick Road in 1877.
The objectives of the Ipswich Show Society, as a not for profit organization, are to promote and encourage the development of pastoral, agricultural, horticultural and industrial interests in the Ipswich and West Moreton District of Queensland.
Present activities held at the Ipswich Showgrounds include:
-:- The Annual Show
-:- Expos & Events, e.g. Home Shows, Horse Shows, Bird Shows
-:- Greyhound Racing & Trialing
-:- Indoor Sports Centre - including Indoor Cricket, Netball and Soccer
-:- Wedding Receptions, Birthday Parties, Seminars & Conferences
-:- Community Group & Club meetings and activities
-:- Showplace Markets
All surplus funds raised by the Ipswich Show Society are spent on establishing new, or upgrading existing facilities for the benefit of the whole Ipswich Community.
❊ Address & Contact ❊
⊜ 81 Warwick Rd Ipswich Queensland 4305 | Map
✆ Telephone: 07 3281 1577
❊ Web Links ❊
➼ Ipswich Showgrounds
❊ Be Social ❊
Update This Page